Three Girls Injured, High School Basketball Game Controversy Becomes A Nationwide Debate – WATCH

A high school basketball game ended at halftime after a team decided to forfeit.

The Collegiate Charter School of Lowell was playing against KIPP Academy, which is in Lynn, Massachusetts. KIPP was leading the game 31-14 when the school in Lowell decided to forfiet.

Multiple sources have reported that KIPP has a player on the team who is “six foot tall with facial hair.”

KIPP has refused to confirm what the players’s gender identification is but the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association handbook allows students to play on “gender-specific sports team that is consistent with the student’s bona fide gender identity.”

A video from the game goes viral as one of the girls is thrown to the ground by the unidentified player and appears to be in significant pain.

A local news organization called Inside Lowell is now questioning the decision to allow transgender players to compete in girls sport siting the safety concerns.

A report from the local news paper said that the schools don’t want to be the center of a controversy but have “legitimate concerns” of the girls “physcial well-being.”

From Inside Lowell:

Sources familiar with the situation also tell us that despite the Charter School being hesitant to get involved in the nationwide debate over the participation of biological males in female sports, there was legitimate concern from the girls on the Lowell Collegiate Charter School team for their physical well-being.

However, the Charter School released a statement supporting the guidelines and balked.

“On February 8th, the coach of the Collegiate Charter School of Lowell Girls’ Basketball Team decided to end a game at halftime after watching a third player injured in the game with KIPP Academy,” the statement read.

“The bench was already depleted going into the game with the 12-player roster having four players unable to play. When the coach saw three more go down in the first half leaving him with five players, he made the call to end the game early. The upcoming Charter School playoffs were looming, and he needed a healthy and robust bench in four days.”

However, the statement confirmed the girls on the team were worried.

“Once the third was injured, the remaining five expressed concern to him about continuing to play. The players feared getting injured and not being able to compete in the playoffs.

“In an effort to maintain safety for his team, he decided to forfeit. The Charter School supports this decision and reiterates its values of both inclusivity and safety for all students. We take the standards set by the MIAA and our Board of Trustees seriously and strive to uphold them on and off the court. We also follow the guidance from the MIAA and state laws regarding equity and access for all student-athletes.”

Just in case Youtube censors the video:


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here